- Category: News and Events
- Published on 16 March 2016
Sino-U.S. Degree Scholarship Program
CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP
Northeast Electric Power University
1. Categories: full-time undergraduates, postgraduates and doctoral candidates.
2. Duration and time of enrolment:
1) Duration of study for undergraduates is 4 years, postgraduates and doctoral candidates 3 years.
2) If the student does not reach the certain Chinese standard, a 1-2 year language training program is available.
3) Time of enrolment: Sept.
1) American citizen, in good health
2) Degree and age required:
● Applicants who apply for a bachelor degree, should have a high school diploma and under the age of 25.
● Applicants who apply for a master’s degree, should have a bachelor degree and under the age of 35.
● Applicants who apply for a doctoral degree, should have a master’s degree and under the age of 40.
3) HSK 4 or above (level 4 included), or else the applicant should take a 1-2 year Chinese language training program.
4. Scholarship: full scholarship
1) Waiver of tuition fees
2) Accommodation fee:
● Free accommodation provided.
● Accommodation subsidy provided. Approved by the university, students can choose to live off the campus. The university will provide monthly or quarterly accommodation subsidy.
Undergraduates and postgraduates: 700 RMB/month
Doctoral candidates: 1,000 RMB/month
3) Living allowance provided.
Undergraduates: 2,500 RMB/month
Postgraduates: 3,000 RMB/month
Doctoral candidates: 3,500 RMB/month
4) Comprehensive Medical Insurance provided.
5. Application procedure:
First, apply online. (http://laihua.csc.edu.cn, the Agency No. of Northeast Electric Power University is 10188.)
Having successfully applied online, please send 2 hard copies of the following materials to International Students Affairs Office, Office of International Cooperation and Exchange, Northeast Electric Power University.
1) APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP (print online), finished in Chinese or English.
2) A notarized certificate of your highest degree is required. Languages except for Chinese and English are required to be notarized into Chinese or English translation.
3) Your transcript is needed. Languages except for Chinese and English are required to be notarized into Chinese or English translation.
4) Your study and research plan in China are required to be in Chinese or in English.
5) 2 recommendation letters from professors or associate professors in Chinese or in English are required for master’s degree and doctoral degree candidates.
6) Copy of Physical Examination Record for Foreigner is required. (Please keep the original one. The record is printed by China's health and quarantine departments, which can be downloaded at the website of CSC.) Please take the original one with you when come to China.
7) Copy of your passport is required.
Notes: 1) Application materials sent by fax will not be considered.
2) The above application materials are non-refundable whether applicants are admitted or not.
6. Deadline for application
April 20th (date of arrival).
7. Address for sending materials
Room No. 541-1 The First Main Teaching Building, Office of International Cooperation and Exchange, Northeast Electric Power University, Changchun Rd. 169, Jilin City, Jilin, China.
Zip code: 132012