- Category: Admisson
- Published on 23 November 2015
A General Enrollment Regulation for International Students
Northeast Electric Power University
I．Introduction to Northeast Electric Power University
Northeast Electric Power University (NEEPU) is founded in 1949.Taking talent training, scientific research, social service and cultural inheritance and innovation as its missions, Northeast Electric Power University adapts to the needs of state electric power industry and economic construction of Jilin province actively. Taking electric power as its main feature, a most complete and multidisciplinary discipline system has taken shape. The university has 16 schools and departments, 42 undergraduate programs, covering 8 types of disciplines, which are engineering, science, management, liberal arts, law, economics and education. The university is a doctoral degree awarding unit, with 2 subjects of doctoral degree and60 subjects of master degree.
NEEPU has over19,000 students and 1,400 teaching and administrative staff .
The university has actively conducted kinds of academic exchange and cooperation with colleges and universities or scientific research institutions in the United States, Japan, the United Kingdom, Russia, Republic of Korea, Germany and many other countries chronologically.
1) Chinese Language Student: no less than 16 years old;
2) Undergraduate Programs: high school diploma and/or equivalent required; Band 4 (HSK) or above;
3) Master’s Programs: Bachelor Degree in related fields, Band 4 (HSK) or above;
4) Doctoral Programs: Master Degree in related fields, Band 4 (HSK) or above.
Note: If the student does now know Chinese at all, he/she can study Chinese for 1 or 2 years first. When requirement is reached, he/she can go on to study their major courses.
2. Materials for Application:
1) Application Form for International Students at Northeast Dianli University
(you can download it f from http://oice.nedu.edu.cn/index.php/wrapper/download.html)
2) A notarized certificate of your highest degree is required. Languages except for Chinese and English are required to be notarized into Chinese or English translation.
3) Transcript. Languages except for Chinese and English are required to be notarized into Chinese or English translation.
4) Study and research plan in China written in Chinese or English.
5) 2 recommendation letters. For master candidates and doctoral candidates, the recommendation letters should be made by associate professors or professors.
6) Copy of Physical Examination Record for Foreigner is required. Please take the original one with you when come to China.
7) 1 copy of the photo page of your passport.
8) 1 copy of certificate of HSK examination.
3. Time of Enrollment
1)Chinese Language Program:
①single class: spring semester is by the end of February, autumn semester is by the end of August
②the other is the end of August
2)Undergraduate Programs, Master’s Programs and Doctoral Programs: end of August.
4. Application Period
1)Chinese Language Program:
①single class: spring semester is by December 30th, autumn semester is by June 30th
②the other is by June 30th
2)Undergraduate Programs, Master’s Programs and Doctoral Programs: June 30th
5. Years of Study:
1) Chinese Language Program: 1 semester to 2 years
2) Undergraduate Programs: 4 years
3) Master’s Programs and Doctoral Programs: 3 years
6. Tuition and Fees:
1) Registration Fee：400 yuan
A. Chinese Language Program: 10,400 yuan/year
B. Undergraduate Programs: 17,000 yuan/year
C. Master’s Programs and: 19,000 yuan/year
D. Doctoral Programs: 22,000 yuan/year
3) Insurance fee: 800 yuan/year
4)Accommodation Fee：hotel on campus (30 yuan per day per person, 2 persons sharing 1 standard double room with TV, bathroom, air conditioner)
7. Application Procedure
2) After the Office of International Students Affairs has received the requirement application materials, they will examine them. Then admission letter from NEDU and JW202 form will be sent out within 1 week. You can go to Chinese embassy in your country to apply for a study visa with those two forms, and come to NEDU to register according to the date the university provides.
8. Contact Information:
Room No. 541-1 the First Main Teaching Building, Office of International Cooperation and Exchange, Northeast Electric Power University, Changchun Rd. 169, Jilin City, Jilin, China.
Zip code: 132012